Jobmaker Hiring Credit
The Job maker hiring credit is an incentive for employers to employ young job seekers aged between 16-35 years.
It is available to the employers that creates new positions for eligible young people between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
The employer can claim the payments for eligible additional employees for up to 12 months from their employment starting date. The employers are not required to pass the payment to their employees
After registering for the Job Maker Hiring Credit, it:
- Is paid every 3 months in arrears to employers
- Can be claimed from 1st February 2021 for the first JobKeeper period (i.e. 7th October 2020 to 6th January 2021)
Employer Eligibility Criteria:
Employers are eligible for Jobmaker Hiring Credit if they:
- Operate a business in Australia
- Have and Australian Business Number
- Report through STP
- Are up to date with income tax and GST lodgment obligations for the past two years.
- Have not claimed a JobKeeper payment for a fortnight during the JobMaker period.
Employee Eligibility Criteria:
Employees are eligible if they:
- Have not given an employee notice to another employer which is still in effect
- Are between 16–35 years old (inclusive) when they started employment
- Received income support payments, including the JobSeeker Payment, Youth Allowance (other than on the basis that the individual was undertaking full-time study or was a new apprentice) or Parenting Payment for at least 28 consecutive days (or 2 fortnights) within the 84 days (or 6 fortnights) before being hired.
Contact us to make sure if you and your employees are eligible for claiming the JobMaker Hiring Credit.
Cordner Advisory - Your Business Advisory, Accounting & Tax Specialists. Catering for clients all across Australia, from the golden beaches of the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to the capital cities such as Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne