Export Marketing Development Grants (EMDG)
**EMDG **is the Export Market Development scheme run by the Australian Government financial assistance program administered by Austrade for Australian aspiring and current exporters.
The EMDG scheme encourages small to medium Australian businesses the opportunity to develop export markets by reimbursing up to 50 per cent of eligible export promotional expenses above $15,000 in a financial year (July to June).
Austrade calculate your provisional grant entitlement based on the following formula: 50% of (total eligible expenses – $5,000 non-reimbursable threshold amount)
For example, if your total eligible expenses were $60,000, the provisional grant entitlement would be $27,500. The maximum grant for eligible applicants is $150,000, subject to funds available in the scheme.
Any Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust that has carried on export promotion activities during the year can apply for the export grant.
**To be eligible for EMDG the business must have meet the following conditions: **
- Income of not more than $50 million in the grant year
- Incurred at least $15,000 of eligible expenses under the scheme (first-time applicants can combine two years expenses)
- Principal status for the export business (some exceptions apply, such as non-profit export-focused industry bodies).
**The business also must have promoted one of the following: **
- The export of goods or most services
- Inbound tourism
- The export of intellectual property and know-how
- Conferences and events held in Australia
If you are a first time applicant you are required to satisfy grant entry requirements, which include providing financial statements and some information that gives details on your business, product or service.
Should you wish to know more about EMDG and how it could apply to and benefit your business, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 07 5526 7599.