Intermediate / Senior Accountant : (POSITION FILLED)
Cordner Advisory is seeking to recruit a new Intermediate to Senior level accountant.
We are centrally located in Broadbeach, on the Gold Coast offering great benefits and incentives, flexible work arrangements and opportunities for career advancement.
We are proud of our friendly team culture and the diverse clients we work with and are seeking a candidate that demonstrates strong ability to work with a team, makes client service their priority and has enthusiasm for working in the industry.
The Consultant will analyse, evaluate and report on financial matters for a portfolio of clients, including preparation of management reports, financial statements and tax returns. This includes providing advice on various financial matters for clients, including income tax, GST, structuring and budgeting and forecasting.
Role & Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for a wide range of clients and different entity types
- Preparation of management reports on a regular basis to a group of clients, making use of online accounting software to assist clients with decision making
- Preparation of income tax returns and BAS
- Working with clients to prepare budgets / forecasts and to plan for tax obligations
- Preparation and lodgement of activity statements for your clients
- Generally managing the day-to-day relationship with your client base and liaising with Directors and Team Lead as and when required
- Support the firm’s business development strategy
- Liaising with third parties such as the ATO, financiers, financial planners and software support
- Training and supporting junior staff members
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrate a good grasp of general business services accounting and tax compliance
- A completed degree and having (or working toward) your professional qualifications is expected
- Minimum of 2-3 years practical accounting experience
- Experience working with a client base directly and as part of a team
- Be well organised, efficient and self motivated
- Strong communication
- Extensive use of cloud software, specifically Xero
- Flexible and able to effectively deal with changes in business needs as they arise
- A solid understanding of various accounting software packages & PC skills
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience